[Xymon] acknowledgements does not survive xymon restart

Thomas Eckert thomas.eckert at it-eckert.de
Fri Nov 2 10:45:53 CET 2018

Hi Norbert,

as I can not remember that I encountered this I just tested this (in a mini setup, xymon 4.3.28 on Debian9) and my 2 acks survived the xymon-restart.
As your environment is fairly large this could be size/load problem.

Random ideas:
- is the restart “clean” or does something crash during the stop-phase (logfiles)?
- you could try is to manually force writing a checkpoint-file by sending SIGUSR1 to xymond before restart.
- if you have a redundant/multi-server setup: Is there any chance that an other xymon-server is propagating incomplete state (`xymond_distribute` not enabled)?

All the best
Thomas