[Xymon] inconsistent status after PS client install

Tue May 8 01:12:46 CEST 2018

On 08/05/18 02:37, Kris Springer wrote:
> I have a number of Windows servers that have had the BBwin client
> installed for years and has been working fine.  I recently turned off
> the BBwin client and installed the latest XymonPSclient.  Now I'm
> getting inconsistent reports in some of the columns on the Xymon
> webpage.  Specifically the 'uptime', 'svcs', and 'who' columns.  When
> I look at the 'clientlog' that the Xymon server is receiving from the
> client, it shows the 'who' data correctly, but it's not getting
> injested by the Xymon server accurately for some reason.  I have the
> same PSclient with exact same config installed on many different
> Windows clients.  Here's the breakout of inconsistencies.
>
> 1 Win Server 2012 Standard - 'uptime' purple, 'svcs' purple, 'who' purple
> multiple Win Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 - 'uptime' ok, 'svcs' ok,
> 'who' blank but not purple
> multiple Win 10 Pro - all columns ok
> 1 Win Server 2012 R2 Essentials - all columns ok
> 1 Win Server 2012 R2 Standard - all columns ok
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Have you checked the xymon server logs to see if it is truncating the
reports received? You may need to increase the permitted maximum data
message size.

Regards,
Adam

> Thank you.

on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the
message from your computer. Viruses - Any loss/damage incurred by receiving
this email is not the sender's responsibility.
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au