[Xymon] xymon communications program (server/bin/xymon) reading from stdin - first line only?

EDSchminke at Hormel.com EDSchminke at Hormel.com
Fri Mar 30 16:09:34 CEST 2018

Do you have a sample of the data you're trying to send with the xymon
command?  Also, can you provide the specific command you're running to try
to send?

Depending on the nature of the test this extension is sending, only the
first line may be relevant.

For me, most of my extensions send "status" messages.  From the manpage,
the format for that is:

status[+LIFETIME][/group:GROUP] HOSTNAME.TESTNAME COLOR <additional text>

The manpage also states:

The "additional text" normally includes a local timestamp and a summary of
the test result on the first line. Any lines following the first one are
free-form, and can include any information that may be useful to diagnose
the problem being reported.

For me, the "additional text" will show up on the page for the "service
status" pages, but no real action is taken on them.  That is of course, the
"additional text" is setup to be collected for graphing.

So again... sample of data and command you're running would be helpful and
"what are you expecting to happen".

Thanks,

Erik D. Schminke | Associate Systems Programmer
Hormel Foods Corporation | One Hormel Place | Austin, MN 55912
Phone: (507) 434-6817
edschminke at hormel.com | www.hormelfoods.com