[Xymon] Xymon Client to work on Windows Server 2016

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:35:33 CEST 2018

I have multiple Win2016 servers running PS client. I would suspect your
issue may be related to permissions of Program Files where you are running
the ps1 script. It will want to create some sub-folders for data collection.

I use a C:\Utils folder with user modify permission to run my scripts
without any issues.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Alexander Lee <alexlee8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if anyone is able to get xymonpsclient.exe to work on
> window server 2016.
>
> When I run the xymonclient.ps1 install it works, but once I run
> xymonclient.ps1 start I get the following error:
>
> start-service : Failed to start service 'XymonPSClient (XymonPSClient)'.
> At C:\Program Files\xymon\xymonclient.ps1:3814 char:60
> + ...  $xymonsvcname).Status -ne "Running") { start-service $xymonsvcname }
> +                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.
> ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],
>    ServiceCommandException
>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : StartServiceFailed,Microsoft.
> PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

*Timothy L. Williams*

*Operating Systems Analyst*
Virginia Commonwealth University Computer Center
900 East Main St. STE 1141 Richmond VA 23219
*804-828-0556 <(804)%20828-0556>*

*"Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
visit **http://phishing.vcu.edu/* <http://phishing.vcu.edu/>*.* *"*