[Xymon] xymon communications program (server/bin/xymon) reading from stdin - first line only?

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Thu Mar 29 19:03:57 CEST 2018

Recently I tried to modify one of my xymon extension scripts, which passes the message data to the xymon command on the command line, to pass it via STDIN instead.

It worked (sort of), but I was not able to get xymon to process more than the first line of the message (the one with color, status, timestamp). The rest of the message seemed to be ignored.

This is xymon version 4.3.27. Is that a known problem?

Thanks,

glauber