[Xymon] Critical systems acknowledgement log?

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:58:46 CET 2018

Note: Using Xymon 4.3.28-1.el6.terabithia on RHEL 6.

I have been using Xymon for at least 10 years but I have had no need for
the critical systems view until recently.  Now I need to use it but I have
run into a snag with the alert acknowledgement function.

Alert handling from the critical systems view is nice (once you set it
up).  The user clicks on a status icon and is redirected to the service
status page.  At the top of the page is a table that houses the information
that was encoded for the host/service in the critical systems editor.  It
also includes a message text box and an "Acknowledge" button.

The problem (for me) is that if the user acknowledges the alert, this
action does not seem to be logged in the same place that a "legacy"
acknowledgement is logged, so the Reports/Acknowledgements function does
not report them.  Even better, when the acknowledgement expires there is no
trace that it ever existed!

Has anyone else run into this?  Do you have any suggestions for workarounds?

Regards,

Greg Hubbard