[Xymon] nopropred

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Mar 16 19:16:53 CET 2018

On 3/16/2018 9:34 AM, Jason Brockdorf wrote:
> Is it possible for me to apply nopropred/nopropyellow/noproppurple tags to
> groups and/or pages instead of hosts?

Only by use of the .default. line. I use such lines generously.

Each of my display groups has a .default. line. This lets me quickly set
attributes for hosts belonging to same support teams. And because each
group has a .default. line, I am never surprised by default lettings
leaking down from other display groups.

Such lines could just as easily be defined at the page-level, if that is
a better fit with your business requirements.

The .default. line was a major improvement when moving from Big Brother
to Xymon.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration