[Xymon] xymongen & nopropred/nopropyellow

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Mar 15 17:19:45 CET 2018

On 3/15/2018 5:18 AM, Rothlisberger, John R. wrote:
> I also tried the following in hosts.cfg (which also doesn’t work):
>
> 0.0.0.0   .default.    # NOPROPRED:test2 NOPROPYELLOW:test1

Are there any other tests for the host in a non-green state?

If we had this line in hosts.cfg
0.0.0.0  foo.bar.com  # nopropred:oops http://foo.bar.com/index.html

and only the test 'oops' has gone red, it shouldn't propagate. If,
however, the test 'http' has also gone red for this test, then that will
cause it to appear on the non-green page, and both red test results will
be shown.

I can say I use the .default. setting of nopropred (and yellow) on my
installation (4.3.28), and it works well for us.

I suggest returning the noprop settings in your XYMONOPTS to their
default values. Do the same to the line in your tasks.cfg. Work on
getting the behavior you want using tags on one host in your hosts.cfg.
When you have seen that work as you need, then move it into a .default.
line, or into XYMONOPTS for greater coverage.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska