[Xymon] Interval for the combostatus task

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Jun 29 20:04:01 CEST 2018

I use some combo-tests, and the delay in their reaction is sometimes a
hassle. I just looked in the tasks.cfg and see I have my combostatus
task set to run every 5 mins.

5 mins is the frequency of my xymonnet task, but many of my combo tests
don't rely on xymonnet. I'm thinking I should shorten the interval on
combostatus to 2 minutes, and thereby reduce the latency of those test
results.

Can anyone relate to me horror stories or good reasons I should not
shorten this interval?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration