[Xymon] OpenVMS Client

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Tue Jun 12 16:04:29 CEST 2018

On 11 June 2018 at 20:50, Neil Simmonds <neilsimmonds1808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I can find some suggestion that there is an OpenVMS Big Brother client
> that is compatible with Xymon but can’t find the actual client anywhere.
> Can anyone confirm if there is a client that will work with OpenVMS 8.4 1H1
> and does anyone have a copy of it?

Neil

There is a Big Brother client for OpenVMS, but it doesn't seem to be in the
public domain.

I think your most likely options for success are to attempt to compile the
Xymon client, or to re-implement a client in OpenVMS scripting (DCL?).
Depending on what you want to monitor, it might be fairly quick-and-easy to
cobble something together, perhaps starting with CPU and disk usage, and
extending later. I'm happy to help (although I know little more than a
smidgen of OpenVMS).