[Xymon] How to get Linux Update info from client

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Tue Jun 5 18:11:58 CEST 2018

Hi Kris,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 07:48:01AM -0700, Kris Springer wrote:
>    I've got the 'xymon-client' installed on many machines and was wondering
>    if the client gathers any info regarding Security and Package updates that
>    can be updated?  I've searched the 'clientlog' and there's no mention of
>    Updates anywhere.  Does anyone have a way to view available updates from
>    linux clients?

Debian's hobbit-plugins collection contains checks for apt as well as for yum:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/hobbit-plugins/tree/master/src/usr/lib/xymon/client/ext

If you're on Debian or a Debian derivative like Ubuntu, you can just
do "apt install hobbit-plugins" and the "apt" check is active by
default.

The yum check works fine on at least RHEL 6 and 7. Just copy it to the
proper directory and write a tiny .cfg file to activate it.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe at deuxchevaux.org  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet