[Xymon] directory command?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:10:06 CEST 2018

The xymonserver.cfg file isn't a script, it just *looks* like one.  It's
normally interpreted by xymon binaries that *do* understand the "directory"
command, which allows you to break up a config file into manageable chunks.

  E.g.  xymonlaunch  in the xymon startup script  (it's all one line in the
file, I just added newlines and indents for clarity):

/home/xymon/server/bin/xymonlaunch
     --config=/home/xymon/server/etc/tasks.cfg
     --env=/home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
     --log=/var/log/xymon/xymonlaunch.log
     --pidfile=/var/log/xymon/xymonlaunch.pid

Note the "--env=/home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg", which tells the
xymonlaunch program where to load up environmental information when it
first starts up.

Ralph Mitchell