[Xymon] stale PROC checks not going away

Larry Bonham larry at fni-stl.com
Wed Jul 11 18:46:17 CEST 2018

Martin,

I fought with this a long time due to our default builds having one CLASS setting but that was creating PROC check problems as we transition to different OS versions.  Or where a system has CLASS manually misdefined and then corrected later.

Example on our RHEL 6/7 systems.  Directory locations are specific to my setup.  xymon-server is the init name we are using.  There may be a better way around this but I couldn't find any.  This works well other than needing to stop the xymon server service for a few seconds.

host='server-to-fix'

service xymon-server stop
cd /data/xymon/server/tmp
cp -p xymond.chk xymond.chk.prev       # just in case something goes wrong
sed -i "/^@@XYMONDCHK-V1||${host}|/d" ./xymond.chk
service xymon-server start

The server you are looking to fix should correct itself in the xymon display within 10 minutes.

Larry