[Xymon] False positives for hobbit-plugins libs test

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Tue Jul 10 23:18:35 CEST 2018

Quoting Axel Beckert <abe at deuxchevaux.org>:

> On buster:
>
> $ apt-get source -d hobbit-plugins
>
> Then copy the hobbit-plugins_20180610* files to a wheezy box.

> On the wheezy box do:
>
> $ dpkg-source -x hobbit-plugins_20180610.dsc
> $ cd hobbit-plugins-20180610
> $ dch -v "20180610~bpo7+1" --distribution wheezy-backports-sloppy
> 'Rebuild for wheezy-backports-sloppy'
> $ dpkg-buildpackage

Unfortunately, although I was able to compile this package on wheezy,
I wasn't able to install it:

  hobbit-plugins depends on xymon-client (>= 4.3.17-2~); however:
   Version of xymon-client on system is 4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-9.1+deb7u1.

I tried to compile xymon-4.3.17 as well, but then that one depends on
further packages that I eventually could not compile, such as
apache2_2.4.10 (which contains apache2-dev, which provides
dh-apache2). Oh, well.

So, it was worth a try, but I don't have many wheezy systems left and
they will be replaced soon enough anyway.
And, more importantly, now that I know how to whitelist the mysqld and
qemu-system-x86_64 processes for the libs test, all of my systems will
soon be green!

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Jaap