[Xymon] False positives for hobbit-plugins libs test

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Tue Jul 10 19:19:51 CEST 2018

Hi Jaap,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 04:11:54PM +0000, Jaap Winius wrote:
> >    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64:
> >      - '^/\[aio\]$'
> >

> I can now report that this also worked on the other Debian stretch
> system after it was reboot.

Probably because it wasn't a false positive but a true possitive.

> Still no idea on how I would go about doing this on a Debian wheezy
> system.

Inside the hobbit-plugins package there are some scripts which can be
used to build a backported version for Wheezy systems and earlier.

Have a look at debian/rules in the source package:

If the first changelog entry says the package is targeted for
wheezy-backports, the build should automatically adjust the
dependencies, paths, variables and so on.

But I haven't used them for years now, so I don't know if they still
work.

Example workflow on buster to build the buster hobbit-plugins as wheezy
backport (untested):

On buster:

$ apt-get source -d hobbit-plugins

Then copy the hobbit-plugins_20180610* files to a wheezy box.

Alternatively do a

$ git clone https://salsa.debian.org/debian/hobbit-plugins.git

on the wheezy box.

On the wheezy box do:

$ dpkg-source -x hobbit-plugins_20180610.dsc
$ cd hobbit-plugins-20180610
$ dch -v "20180610~bpo7+1" --distribution wheezy-backports-sloppy 'Rebuild for wheezy-backports-sloppy'
$ dpkg-buildpackage

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/