[Xymon] separate "uptime" status patch

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Tue Jan 16 17:08:40 CET 2018

Hi,

We recently enabled the separate "uptime" status column like described here :

http://www.it-eckert.com/blog/2015/separate-uptime-status-for-all-xymon-clients/

While testing we saw two issues with the uptime displayed status together with the "toolong" limit setting.

Assuming this in analysis.cfg : UP 1h 9d

First issue

When uptime has passed 9 days,the status turns to yellow but the text only shows "System has been up: 9 days."

it should display "&yellow Machine has been up more than 9 days" AND "System has been up : 9 days."

[cid:b68bacd2-781b-4280-aea3-b0d8c410b9c0]

Second Issue

The displayed uptime string in "System has bee up: ..." should show the hh:mm in addition to days.

Example: "System has been up: 9 days 01:27"

The attached patch for xymon-4.3.28 fixes both issues.

Hope ths helps,

Dominique Frise