[Xymon] Configuring alerts

Jonathan Trott jtrott at dancrai.com
Mon Feb 19 23:12:21 CET 2018

HOST=myhostname(the same as in hosts.cfg NAME:myhostname SERVICE=procs
MAIL john at testlab.local DURATION>10 COLOR=red

The SERVICE refers to the column header that you want to alert on.
You can't alert on a specific process or service name, only on a column
colour change.
If you have two different procs you want different alerts on, you will
need a custom alert script that sorts that out, or make the second process
check a custom extension script on the client end with a corresponding
different column name.

Thanks,
JT