[Xymon] sender of Xymon alert emails

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Mon Apr 23 02:36:44 CEST 2018

ThanNhi

The alert emails will be sent as the Xymon user. The sender address will be
set according to the mail software that is installed on the system.

You can probably change the sender address by reconfiguring your mail
software. You might also be able to set an environment variable (eg $USER)
to affect the sender address. You can also change the MAIL and/or MAILC
parameters in xymonserver.cfg to be a mail emulation script that performs
the mail transmission as per your requirements. You can also use the SCRIPT
mechanism in alerts.cfg to specify a script in a similar way.

Some more information about this is in the thread:
http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2014-January/038825.html

Cheers
Jeremy