[Xymon] rrd file will not recreate

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri Apr 20 02:15:32 CEST 2018

Try using this magic incantation of lsof:

sudo lsof -nP +L1

This will list all filenames that have been deleted but have filehandles
still being held open by a process. The "+L1" means to show all files with
a link count less than 1. Deleted files have a link count of zero.

However, I suspect this cannot be your problem, because a new xymond_rrd
process would simply create a new file with the same filename. A
deleted-but-still-present file has no filename on the filesystem and so
cannot block the creation of a new file with the same name.

Cheers
Jeremy