[Xymon] TEST2RRD variable too long in xymonserver.cfg file

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:17:58 CEST 2018

Another option would be to use string concatenation; such as:

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree"
TEST2RRD+=",memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp"
TEST2RRD+=",time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache"

Or, I do this, if you are using the Terabithia rpm (you can do this without
it but would require some extra manual setup*), add content under
$XYMONSERVER/xymonserver.cfg.d/testname that has something like the
following example for a test named "threads":

#> cat xymonserver.cfg.d/threads
GRAPHS_threads="threads"

TEST2RRD+=",threads=ncv"

SPLITNCV_threads="*:NONE,total:GAUGE,consumed:GAUGE"

this keeps everything in nice, test specific configs.

=G=

* - add the following line to your xymonserver.cfg file:
directory /etc/xymon/xymonserver.cfg.d