[Xymon] findhost.sh URL

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Tue Apr 3 09:32:43 CEST 2018

To test this hypothesis, I appended XYMONWEBHOST="" to the end of
xymonserver.cfg on my Xymon 4.3.10 install, and I was able to reproduce the
symptom you described.

The old Xymon uses $XYMONWEBHOST when forming the Location header URL, thus
making it an absolute redirect target; whereas the new Xymon leaves
$XYMONWEBHOST out, thus making it a relative (to the host) redirect target.
Relative targets appear to cause Apache to perform an internal rewrite,
transparent to the browser, which only sees the final landing page, yet
still with interim "jump" URL.

This change to findhost.cgi may have happened between 4.3.24 and .25, based
on this change log entry:

* "Jump to page" redirect functionality fixed on findhost.sh (Reported by
Francois Claire)

So it might have been important to fix a fault.