[Xymon] Forwarding custom status messages between Xymon servers

Ness, James E (JMD) James.E.Ness at usdoj.gov
Fri Sep 29 19:48:38 CEST 2017

To start out, my environment. Two Xymon servers, XYMON1 and XYMON2.  XYMON1 is the master, and XYMON2 is the servant.  At this time, there are a handful of machines using the Xymon client to report on themselves to XYMON2, which is dutifully forwarding that info on to XYMON1 (as expected).  The clients also provide some custom status messages, which are NOT being forwarded from XYMON2 to XYMON1.  I see they are picked up and properly processed by XYMON2, but that's it.

Previously, I had set XYMON2 as just a proxy, and both the client data and the custom status messages were sent to XYMON1.  I can't go back to that, because XYMON1 will be decommissioned in the near future, and I need XYMON2 to take over.  (I also have some other instances that I will eventually need to forward client data and status messages to XYMON2, but that is for later.)  I've looked through so many man pages and can't find anything else that would point to what I might need to set to get this working, so I'm hoping someone on here can help me out.  Or is this functionality that is not meant to work, no matter what I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.