[Xymon] undocumented option on logfetch

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Sep 20 01:09:21 CEST 2017

On 9/18/2017 3:46 PM, John Thurston wrote:
> I see my CentOS client script
>   ~/client/bin/xymonclient.sh
> includes a call to logfetch with "--clock". On my client, it spills
> three times, epoch/local/UTC   This option is not documented on the
> logfetch.1.html page.
>
> Looking in source, --clock appears to be the only undocumented option.
> Is this lack of documentation by design or oversight?

It probably should be documented, but it's not especially one way or the
other, I don't think. It's used to get the local time in as userland-y
agnostic a way as possible for reporting into the client submission, but
is otherwise unrelated to the other functions of logfetch.

Arguably, there's a case for moving that bit of code into the main
xymon.c client to allow separation for those that don't want logfetch on
the system at all to decrease any security surface.

Regards,

-jc