[Xymon] ftp test with ":q" parameter

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Sep 15 18:03:50 CEST 2017

On 9/15/2017 6:48 AM, EDSchminke at Hormel.com wrote:

> I concur with Brian.  The most likely reason for the ":q" was an errant vi
> quit command.

I agree. I use nano on this host, but vi on most others.

> Looks like a ":s" would be valid.  . .
> I'll also point out, that the :21 isn't necessary either.  This would only
> be necessary if you wanted to test a service that would be running on a
> non-standard port.  . . .

And for this host, I do have additional tests for the ftp service
against other ports. In this case the port designation isn't required
from a functional standpoint, but it is from a documentation perspective.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska