[Xymon] Why no host comments?

Mills,David (HHSC Contractor) David.Mills at hhsc.state.tx.us
Wed Sep 6 20:41:52 CEST 2017

Howdy, All!

We're in the process of migrating our current Xymon 4.3.3 site to a new host (Solaris -> Linux) and upgrading to a new Xymon version (JC's Terabithia RPMs: Xymon 4.3.28-1.el6.terabithia<http://xymon.sourceforge.net/>).

One of the wrinkles that has me stumped is that none of the hundreds of host "COMMENT:" tags is appearing on the new server's pages!

Example:

On the old server an entry like this:

   x.x.x.x    hwap142 #  COMMENT:"Batch App Server"                              // Displays a like this on the web page:   hwap142 (Batch App Server)

but the same line on the new server shows only:

   hwap142

---

All the associated test columns and colors are showing up just fine. Aside from the missing "COMMENT:" values, host  entries appear as expected.

Clue: for some reason mousing over the name of the host on the web page reveals the missing COMMENT: text!

Help!? <smile>

===
David Mills
Systems Administrator