[Xymon] Bogus hosts filling up alert.log

Mills,David (HHSC Contractor) David.Mills at hhsc.state.tx.us
Tue Oct 31 22:30:54 CET 2017

Well, John, I added a bogus entry to what we call our "orphans" page -- part of the hosts.cfg hierarchy -- culled from the current ghostlist report, so Xymon will officially have it in the hosts.cfg hierarchy.

   $ tail -1 orphaned-hosts.cfg
   10.11.22.245    0FS_96_192_168_22_1__export_ # noconn

   $ pkill -HUP 'xymond '

Perhaps because this is not really a host you can interact with (hence the "noconn" tag) Xymon claims it still doesn't know about this host:

   $ /usr/share/xymon/bin/xymon localhost "xymondboard  host=0FS_96_192_168_22_1__export_"
   $

David Mills
Systems Administrator
Northrop Grumman