[Xymon] [XYMON] agents with pulldata - xymonfetch and ssh tunelling

Pierre L pierre.lapha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:37:41 CET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to set up xymonfetch/msgcache with ssh tunnelling (because
security does not want to open flows on port 1984).

I have enabled xymonfetch (in tasks.cfg) and added pulldata (in hosts.cfg)
on server side and also msgcache (in clientlaunch.cfg) and XYMSRV=127.0.0.1
(in xymonclient.cfg).

I have done a ssh tunnel (ssh -L 1234:127.0.0.1:1984 IP_of_the_client) from
the xymon server. My tunnel is ok but xymon logs still show that nothing
happens, no pulldata.

Is there something else I should do to enable this function?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Pierre