[Xymon] Windows PowerShell Client

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Fri Nov 10 19:23:33 CET 2017

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017, John Tullis wrote:

> I think the goal is to configure thresholds from the client like we do with bbwin, not necessarily the alerts.
>
> If it's not currently an option, is anyone working on making it possible?

The obvious question is what problem are you trying to solve? You can set
thresholds and much more on the xymon machine. It can be done either per host
or per class (group).

Setting things on the client machine does not scale. Especially if you have groups
of machines that are basically the same. I have several classes of machines defined.
That way, I install the PS client, set the servers, clientname and class and
you are done. From there everything is controlled on the Xymon display.

HTH,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org