[Xymon] xymonnet not working for basic authentication with # in password

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Tue Nov 7 01:58:33 CET 2017

You could run this in a custom ext script, just use the same TEST name, and of course remove it from hosts.cfg. You'll probably need to add escapes/quotes or whatever works (e.g. you need to put \ in front of all the & chars). Here is one of the tests I use:

/usr/bin/curl --max-time 30 -sS --write-out "\nHTTP_return_code:%{http_code} Time:%{time_total}" > $XYMONHOME/tmp/OUTPUT.$$.$MACHINEDOTS 2>&1 https://whatever.com/blahblah

Try it out manually w/o all the xymon stuff to make sure the URL is read properly. Note the timeout - you'll probably need this for when the connection half works. I write the output to a file so the script can include it in the status message.

cheers.