[Xymon] flapping status and emailed alerts

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed Nov 1 02:35:42 CET 2017

?We've had a web server flapping recently which is fine, but with an alert DELAY>10 set, we tend to get emailed alerts showing the status happens to be green (when the message was sent), yet that service is red because of the flapping. The default alert message (which shows the http response) doesn't mention flapping which causes some confusion.

Is there a way to show the alert was sent because of flapping without writing my own alert script and message? Yes, I can turn set the service to noflap, but that is not optimal as I do want to know when that is occurring.

ta, Phil