[Xymon] Too many procs

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed May 24 14:53:03 CEST 2017

That's a lot of processes! I'm guessing they're actually threads rather
than processes, but the "ps" listing in Xymon is showing the threads
separately. Do all of the httpd processes have the same process ID?

You might be able to have the threads collapsed into a single line in the
process listing by adjusting the "ps" command line on your client. What OS
are you running? On Linux, the "-T" switch enables displaying of separate
threads, so if that's in your Xymon client settings, you would want to
remove that.

You can also increase the limit for client messages by adjusting
MAXMSG_CLIENT in xymonserver.cfg. But better to reduce the message size
than increase the limit, if you're able to.