[Xymon] HP Ilo's

Bakkies Gatvol bakgat8 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:10:52 CET 2017

I monitor hardware using

OpenIPMI-tools-2.0.16-11.el5_7.2
OpenIPMI-libs-2.0.16-11.el5_7.2
OpenIPMI-2.0.16-11.el5_7.2

basically I just look to see if there is *anything* in the log

### ipmitool -I open sel list
Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory
Get SEL Info command failed
### /etc/init.d/ipmi start
Starting ipmi drivers:                                     [  OK  ]
### ipmitool -I open sel list
   1 | 03/20/2012 | 23:41:52 | Memory #0x15 | Correctable ECC logging limit reached | Asserted

once the error has been seen I flush it from the log

for disks I use

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1514197 Oct 17 09:39 MegaCli-8.04.07-1.noarch.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1588725 Oct 17 09:39 Lib_Utils-1.00-09.noarch.rpm