[Xymon] question on separation of xymondisplay

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Mar 6 15:21:40 CET 2017

In my environment, I have the proxy servers run  the network tests.  My proxies are actually servers as well. So the proxy is on port 1984, and the server runs on 1985.  Then the proxy sends to the main server and localhost port 1985. You don't need the server running to get the network tests.

From: Scot Kreienkamp [mailto:Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 8:02 AM
To: Root, Paul T; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: RE: question on separation of xymondisplay

How does Xymonproxy handle ping and other connectivity tests?  My public Xymon server will not be able to run those connectivity tests, those will have to be done from within the Rackspace network.

Scot Kreienkamp  | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162 | Office: 734-384-6403 | | Mobile: 7349151444 | Email: Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com<mailto:Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com>