[Xymon] ext script does not run on client restart

Iain M Conochie iain at shihad.org
Sat Mar 4 22:09:07 CET 2017

Hi

   I have an ext script to check for the status of available patches on
my hosts. Once I have updated the patches, I restart the xymon-client so
that the test will go green again. Occasionally the ext script will not
run on restart. Is there a way I can debug what the xymon client is
choosing to run? How does xymon track the interval after a restart? My
clientlaunch fragment looks like:

[patches]
         ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
         CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/ext/hobbit-patch.sh
         LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbit-patch.sh
         INTERVAL 6h

Client version:

ii  xymon-client                   4.3.17-6+deb8u1          amd64
client for the Xymon network monitor

Thanks for any advice!

Iain