[Xymon] Xymon Client with Big Brother Server

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jun 29 17:58:17 CEST 2017

On 6/29/2017 4:35 AM, Juan Carlos wrote:
> Hello Guys;
>
> I have a client with a whole BB infrastructure and they want to add a
> new server to the monitoring, can I use the Xymon client to connect to
> the Big Brother Server version 1.9i?

Yes, if you run the client in "local-config" mode.
BB 1.9 didn't offer anything like server-side analysis, or central
storage of config files. Each host has its own files and does its own
analysis.

(This is actually how I run my Xymon server.)

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska