[Xymon] Where is xymon message life found?

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Jun 15 02:10:47 CEST 2017

On 6/14/2017 4:50 PM, John Thurston wrote:
> A host+test combination which does not report often enough will go
> 'purple'. The duration or 'life' of a status message can be set by
> sending a status+LIFETIME.
>
> I have a a couple of tests which have not gone purple, despite not
> being updated for over a week. I have a file named
>  ~/data/hist/foo,bar,com.test
> which contains the times the test named "test" has changed state for
> the host foo.bar.com.  The last entry is 1496866851 which works out to
> June 7th.
>
> Where can I find the information indicating when xymond will consider
> this test ready to go purple?

This is retrievable via xymondlog or xymondboard under the "validtime"
field. The output is a standard unix epoch timestamp.

Something like this should give you the output: xymon localhost
"xymondboard fields=hostname,testname,validtime"

It should go purple no later than 60s after that time. In the case of
disabled/enabled tests, I believe an entire additional LIFETIME is added
in after the enablement before it's flipped, however.

HTH,

-jc