[Xymon] xymon client bindaddress

Frank ve2cii at canasoft.net
Thu Jun 8 16:33:56 CEST 2017

     Well it was working HI!!

   Here is an except from my hosts.cfg

EXAMPLE:

192.168.55.55   eth0:0

192.168.2.56       voip1.example.com    (eth0)   but voip1 is actually
mapped on the DNS to eth0:0

I have xymon-client starting up   /home/xymon/runclient.sh
--hostname=voip1.example.com

Up till now everything runs ok.   (I have not tried a failover, as I
just wanted to get it to work).

Probably report as a ghost when it fails over.

When I add this, then I get ghost reports:   Weird, xymon-server reports
itself as one of the ghosts.

192.168.2.56       voip1-2.example.com   (eth0 on primary)

192.168.2.57      voip1-3.example.com  (eth0 on secondary)

--

sysadm  cronomagic.com/gemstelecom.com
e-mail  ve2cii at canasoft.net