[Xymon] xymon client bindaddress

Frank ve2cii at canasoft.net
Wed Jun 7 23:46:00 CEST 2017

    Hi,

     I am doing something that I don't think has been done with xymon
before.  We are running asterisk on a failover
heartbeat system.  When the failover occurs heartbeat shuts down
everything on the primary server and xymon
goes nuts.  So I set up heartbeat to stop xymon when it shuts everything
else down. Now when the "floating IP"
goes to the secondary server, the secondary starts up all the services
and I set it up for xymon to start too.  I was
thinking would be a great idea if I could bind xymon to the floating IP
the same way I do it for the rest of the
services.  So far during tests it seems to be working out ok without the
binding, but may be necessary after all.

--
sysadm  cronomagic.com
e-mail  ve2cii at canasoft.net