[Xymon] Configure remote client to be monitored by xymon

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Jul 26 03:31:38 CEST 2017

Look at the Ghost report on the Xymon server to see if it recognises the
client hostname, and adjust on either end if required.

Look at the logfiles clientlaunch.log and xymonclient.log to see if
anything weird is showing up.

On the client, see what happens when you run this (replace xymoncmd if it's
somewhere else):

echo '$XYMON $XYMSRV ping' | ~xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd

and if that works, try this:

echo '$XYMON $XYMSRV "config hosts.cfg"' | ~xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd

and then this:

echo '$XYMON $XYMSRV "client/test $MACHINEDOTS."' |
~xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd

and maybe this:

echo '$XYMON $XYMSRV ghostlist' | ~xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd

Cheers
Jeremy