[Xymon] Configure remote client to be monitored by xymon

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Jul 25 21:21:36 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-25 2:11 pm, Zain Syed wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anyone please let me know how to configure my remote machine to be monitored by xymon? I Currently only ssh and conn are working but other services are not getting monitored. Please advise.

Zain,

Depending on which Linux distro the remote client is running, the info
could be different.

RHEL/CentOS: /etc/sysconfig/xymon-client - Update the "XYMONSERVERS"
variable with your xymon server's FQDN.
Debian/Ubuntu: look for xymonclient.cfg (mine's in ~xymon/client/etc)
and change the "XYMSRV" variable with your xymon server's FQDN.

Other systems distributions, I couldn't tell you.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1