[Xymon] Strange Alerts

John Tullis john at executech.com
Mon Jul 24 19:19:34 CEST 2017

I'm getting an extremely strange behavior with alerts.

Several recipients are complaining that they are getting alerts for servers that they don't manage and aren't assigned. There are about 200 lines in my alerts.cfg file.

I've verified that the alert rules are accurate and running the test alert script (./bin/xymoncmd xymond_alert --test sever.name cpu) shows the correct, assigned user and the info page for the servers show the right user's email.

Anyone know what I'm missing? The same problems happened with my old Hobbit server as well so it could be a config file issue but I've looked thoroughly and haven't been able to track it down yet.

John Tullis
801.857.4572 Cell
801.253.4541 Office
1314 W. 11400 S. Suite 200