[Xymon] Xymon script question

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Wed Jul 5 18:29:02 CEST 2017

Quoting Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com>:

> ... like so: xymoncmd ./$YOURTESTNAMEHERE.

Ah, that works. And the script seems to be behaving itself.

> I've never run scripts in the client instance on the xymon server
> itself, I've always run them in the server instance and they've
> worked exactly like on a client.  I think the client is called
> differently on a xymon server and may not process the ext scripts
> the same as on a non-server instance of xymon. ...

If I place the script in the /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/ directory as
well, nothing happens. I had earlier modified
/etc/xymon/clientlaunch.cfg as I did on the other client systems, to
let Xymon know about the script, but I guess that isn't the correct
approach on a Xymon server, is it?

Cheers,

Jaap