[Xymon] odd behavior for UP rule

EDSchminke at Hormel.com EDSchminke at Hormel.com
Mon Jan 9 18:46:29 CET 2017

Seeing some odd behavior from the "UP" rule..

I have the UP rule defined for a specific page/subpage.  Here is the exact
rule at it is defined in my analysis.cfg file.  It is the only place where
I have the "UP" rule defined.

PAGE=Wintel/wintel_citrix EXHOST=cospvs,cobpvs
        UP 10m 10d yellow

Here is the URL of the page I would expect this test to be applied to:
https://lxcobxymonp.hfc.ad/xymon/Wintel/wintel_citrix/wintel_citrix.html

The nature of the "odd behavior" is that this rule seems to ALSO get
applied to any host defined on the "main" or "top-level" page; CPU test for
those hosts changes from green to yellow.
If I comment out that rule, the "CPU" status for hosts on the top-level
page change from yellow back to green.
It seems to be limited to the UP test.  If I put in a DISK test that I know
should cause a status change (e.g. DISK 20 80 /, disk is at 57%), it does
not..

I'm currently v4.3.27 and the only change to the code was a patch I
received for r7985.

Thanks,

Erik D. Schminke | Associate Systems Programmer
Hormel Foods Corporation | One Hormel Place | Austin, MN 55912
Phone: (507) 434-6817
edschminke at hormel.com | www.hormelfoods.com