[Xymon] 3 vmstat procs and other issues

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 00:18:06 CET 2017

Ok...looking more closely at the xymonclient-linux.sh script, it appears
that tmpfs was intentionally not included in the exclude list.  At the very
least, you may want to consider adding /run to the default excludes in
analysis.cfg.  I was also noticing in my df output that other virtual
filesystems were showing (and being tracked) as well, such as /dev/shm and
/sys.  I'm not sure why you would want those tracked either.  For example,
here's a list of tmpfs "disks" I see on one of my systems:

tmpfs                 2033585      9   2033576    1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 2033585    598   2032987    1% /run
tmpfs                 2033585     13   2033572    1% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                 2033585     29   2033556    1% /tmp
tmpfs                 2033585      1   2033584    1% /run/user/1984

=G=