[Xymon] update: New 4.3.28 build collecting no data to RRD

Lynn Osburn losburn at thepinnaclegroup.com
Wed Feb 22 23:52:49 CET 2017

Thanks to several of you who made Linux-specific recommendations. While this is an HP-UX install, I did check to ensure that rrdtools had the necessary libraries to compile and link, for example.  The output of the configure command includes the following lines
  Checking for RRDtool ...
  Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
  Compiling with RRDtool works OK
  Linking with RRDtool works OK

I think the key symptom is that nothing is being written into the /opt/xymon/data/rrd directory.  Not even the creation of the subdirectory for each target in hosts.cfg.

I added the "--debug" option to both the rrd-data and rrd-status channels in tasks.cfg, in hopes of finding something more useful in the /var/log/rrd-status.log but all I'm getting there is still endless repeats of "Peer not up, flushing message queue"

Client data is being received. I can see it by clicking the xymon server, then in the svcstatus page I can click on "Client data" and see the raw inputs.   This tells me there is no trouble binding the port, and that the client is communicating with the server.

What part of the code detects a new host in the hosts.cfg file and sets up the necessary directories in /opt/xymon/data/hist, /opt/xymon/data/histlogs, /opt/xymon/data/hostdata and /opt/xymon/data/rrd ??