[Xymon] Limiting repeated messages

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Feb 16 19:03:22 CET 2017

That’s what I started with, and that doesn’t work.  Script doesn’t acknowledge the DURATION or REPEAT keywords.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Erik
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 7:26 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Limiting repeated messages

Using what you'd provided, here's what I'd put in your alerts.cfg

HOST=NMSRep SERVICE=LogMasterErr,NMSRepScheduler,NMSRepTask,RepDisc_Issues COLOR=red,yellow,purple RECOVERED

    SCRIPT /usr/local/scripts/html_mail.pl<http://html_mail.pl> $NG-NMSRep-DEV DURATION>7d DURATION<14d REPEAT=1d

I moved the duration rules down to the "SCRIPT" line.  I also added a 2nd duration rule to demonstrate you could time box this.  The script will fire once per day for 7 days, after 7 days.

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.