[Xymon] xymonnet column missing

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 15 17:24:36 CET 2017

On 2/15/2017 8:12 AM, Kris Springer wrote:
> I've got the --report option set in xymonnet, and also the default
> xymonnet column defined in my hosts.cfg file, but there's no
> 'xymonnet' column appearing, and even if I manually enter the url that
> it's supposed to be it says 'Status not available'.  I read the man
> page and it seems that if I enable the --report function in xymonnet
> that it should work.  Ideas?
>

> Thank you.

> Kris Springer

Hi,

You can try doing a run of xymonnet with the --debug option enabled.
Near the end it should indicate what server it's trying to communicate with.

If you're doing a run of xymonnet by hand, make sure to wrap it in
'xymoncmd' so that the proper environment is loaded (usually
xymonserver.cfg); that's where the configuration for the destination is
ultimately coming from, so if this is on a different machine it might be
going locally. There's also no need to have the "xymonnet" label in
hosts.cfg itself; xymond will accept the report without that (although I
don't believe there are any issues that will come up from that).

If the reports that xymonnet is generating about the hosts (the results
of the network tests) are coming in, then '--report' really should be
all that's needed to send the self-report as well.

HTH,
-jc