[Xymon] Simple Ping Test from a node/server

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:21:23 CET 2017

Hey all,
  I want to monitor my backup internet connection (simple ping test
outbound is fine).   I'm going to throw a raspberry pi with dual interfaces
on the network, one on the main network and one on the backup internet
connection.

 What's the best way to implement a ping test from the PI and have it be
part of the main server display?
 Solutions I've considered so far:
 - set up the PI as a xymon server and figure out how to get the test
results to go back to the main server.
 - setup the PI as a xymon client and write some sort of ping test that
does the work
 - something else I missed?

Thanks!