[Xymon] Xymon Notes Editor

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 12:47:59 CET 2017

Thanks for your work on this Galen.  I started my response the next day,
but I've been too busy to finish it until now.

Here's two fixes in one line for Xymon 4.3 (adding SECURE and with the
change of name for the cgi script):
        <a class="inner"
href="$XYMONSERVERSECURECGIURL/xymnote_editor.cgi">Edit

Also in order to get the host link to display in the main Xymon page, with
the latest terabithia RPM installed, I had to:
$ cd /etc/xymon/data
$ sudo ln -s /usr/share/xymon/www/notes notes

I have to admit I tried to get your notes editor installed so I could take
a look at it as there were no screenshots on Xymonton.  I was disappointed
that there was no toolbar for formatting text.  I'm sure this is just a
minor thing, but it means I'm inclined to try this solution instead:
http://www.it-eckert.com/blog/2014/how-to-integrate-xymon-with-a-documentation-system/

I also note that the templates only apply when saving notes pages, so any
change to the template does not take effect until resaving the note page
for a host.  Slightly disappointing too, but to be expected I suppose given
the location of the template.

That said, I have it all working now, so that's great.

Thanks again and kind regards,

SebA