[Xymon] HOST regex

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Dec 4 22:17:01 CET 2017

Ah, I see, I was adding more machines with a , after the regex, but that's treated as part of the regex, and the [] vs () for numbers.

Thanks,
Paul.

From: Mills,David (HHSC Contractor) [mailto:David.Mills at hhsc.state.tx.us]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 2:56 PM
To: Root, Paul T; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: RE: HOST regex

Paul -

As far as just the Perl RE goes, use this:

(iadncmds[1-6])|( iadccmds1[1-9])|...

So, in analysis.cfg: HOST=%(iadncmds[1-6])|( iadccmds1[1-9])| ...   # Where the "|..." includes the rest of your hosts, following a similar pattern

Use "[]"s to specify a range of numbers, not parens...

$  perl -e 'for ($i = 0; $i <= 7; $i ++ ) { if ( "iadncmds$i" =~ /iadncmds[1-6]/ ) { print "This matches: iadncmds$i\n" } else { print "iadncmds$i does not match...\n" } }'
iadncmds0 does not match...
This matches: iadncmds1
This matches: iadncmds2
This matches: iadncmds3